Outpatient Office: 3600 E. 20th Avenue, Anchorage, AK 99508
Residential Facility: Point Woronzof
Outpatient Phone: (907) 276-2898
Residential Facility Phone: (907) 243-1181
Who We Are
The Salvation Army Clitheroe Center is a comprehensive substance abuse and dual diagnosis treatment program. We provide professional and affordable treatment services to adults who are addicted to alcohol and other drugs. Our personalized programs of recovery offer clients and their families the opportunity to access services in a residential or outpatient setting.
Our Programs and Services
- At Clitheroe Center, our mission is to improve the quality of life for all Alaskans seeking treatment for substance abuse through culturally relevant evidence-based practices to contribute to lifetime recovery.
- Residential - Clitheroe’s Residential Program includes a dual diagnosis treatment program for individuals with mental health issues, as well as substance abuse issues. The 42 bed campus near Point Woronzof is a safe, therapeutic environment for those seeking recovery.
- Outpatient - The Outpatient Program provides family services, counseling and support for those who would benefit from outpatient treatment, have completed inpatient treatment, and need continuing care or are not in need of inpatient treatment.
- All intakes and assessments for both Outpatient and Residential services are handled via the Outpatient office. Staff provides on-site assessments at local jails and hospitals as needed. Individuals can self-refer; referrals from local agencies and governmental organizations are also accepted.
- The Crossroads Program provides an intermediate and long-term residential treatment environment for men whose lives have been severely impaired by substance abuse. Each individual works with a treatment team to identify specific target areas that will be addressed during their stay.
- The Journeys Program provides residential and outpatient substance abuse programs for individuals suffering from serious mental illness and substance abuse.
- The Reflections Program provides habilitation, rehabilitation, individual, group and family counseling services for women who have been unable to deal with chemically dependent or chemically abusive behaviors that interfere with attaining their life goals.
- The After Care/Continuing Care Program supports clients in their ongoing recovery. All clients completing Clitheroe’s inpatient treatment are referred to the Continuing Care Program.
The Outpatient Program
- The Outpatient Program is designed for individuals with substance abuse issues that can effectively be addressed outside of a residential program, or continuing care for those who’ve completed residential treatment.
Schedule, Staff & Other Information
- Monday – Thursday 9:00a.m. – 7:00p.m.
- Friday 9:00a.m. – 5:00p.m.
- Clitheroe’s staff is a multi-disciplinary team including degreed professionals, state certified substance abuse counselors and individuals with many years of experience in recovery. We work in conjunction with other treatment agencies, the Department of Corrections, Adult Probation, Federal Probation, OCS and the Alcohol Safety Action Program (ASAP).
The Salvation Army Clitheroe Center is licensed and funded, in part, by the Department of Behavioral Health through the State of Alaska. Donors who share our belief in addiction treatment also support Clitheroe. To make a gift to Clitheroe call (907) 276-2515 or make a gift using this form.
Payment for Services
- We believe that clients who invest in their treatment program increase their chance for a successful outcome. We are able to accept payment from most insurance plans with pre-authorization, Medicaid, personal checks, MC, Visa, Discover Card and vouchers from other agencies.
- The Salvation Army Clitheroe Center is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). CARF International is an independent, accrediting body of health and human services. Accreditation demonstrates a provider's commitment to continuously improve service quality and to focus on the satisfaction of the persons served.
Assessments and Referrals
Your First Step
- If you are in need of a confidential substance abuse assessment and/or seeking admittance into one of Clitheroe’s programs, the first step is to complete a screening packet. The screening packets can be obtained at the Outpatient office or by calling (907) 276-2898 for a faxed/emailed copy.
Assessment and Referrals
- Individuals seeking treatment are given a thorough evaluation and assessment to determine the extent of their treatment needs. All assessments and evaluations are confidential.
The Assessment Team provides:
- Assessment interviews for all admissions to The Salvation Army Clitheroe Center.
- Evaluation for treatment and referrals to other community agencies.
Payment for Services
- There is a $100 non-refundable assessment fee. We are able to accept payment from most insurance plans with pre-authorization, Medicaid, personal checks, MC, Visa, Discover Card and vouchers from other agencies.
Something amiss? Suggest changes to this page by clicking here.