Emergency Disaster Relief Services
143 E. Ninth Ave
Anchorage, AK 99501-3618
Phone: (907) 276- 2515
Who We Are
The Salvation Army stands ready to serve the community in the event of a disaster. Staff in Anchorage support and direct the Army's state-wide network of services that impact Alaskans in many communities. Whether it is a local incident or a major disaster, The Salvation Army relief staff and volunteers are often the first on the scene and are some of the last to leave. In most communities in Alaska, The Salvation Army is already at work providing needed assistance with our programs, honoring a century-old commitment to serve those in need at the time of need and at the place of need.
Our Programs and Services
While every disaster is unique and creates its own special response, the core of The Salvation Army's disaster response program typically would include services such as:
- Mass Feeding
- Mass Shelter
- Pastoral Care/Counseling
- Donations Management.
If you are interested in serving as a volunteer with The Salvation Army Alaska Division's Emergency Disaster Services team, or if you would like more information, please contact the Emergency Disaster Services Director at (907) 276-2515.
For information about disaster training as well as The Salvation Army's ongoing disaster response efforts in Alaska and throughout the United States, please visit The Salvation Army's Emergency Disaster Services page.
As a relief organization, The Salvation Army was involved in development of the Federal Emergency Management Agency's (FEMA) National Response Framework. We appreciate the opportunity to work cooperatively with FEMA, state and local emergency operations staff. Additionally, we work with other local relief agencies, including the Red Cross and Food Bank of Alaska. The Salvation Army is an active member of the Alaska Voluntary Organizations Active in Disasters (VOAD).
- Our beautiful state is often struck by natural and man-made disaster. Fires, floods and chemical spills are just a few examples. Earthquakes are often the most feared. This link will help you take action now for earthquakes and other emergencies. Click Here
- Click here for: A profile of response and recovery programs
- If you would like to donate to emergency relief efforts in Alaska, please click the DONATE NOW and/or START OF FUNDRAISER buttons on the home page.
The Salvation Army's Alaska Emergency Disaster Services team has provided support throughout the state, including:
- Yukon River flooding, Galena
- Kenai Peninsula flooding
- Kake water shortage
- Mat-Su Valley winter wildfires
- Talkeetna/Mat-Su flooding
- Juneau apartment fire
- Feeding support for Anchorage residents displaced by apartment fires.
Something amiss? Suggest changes to this page by clicking here.