Older Alaskans Program
1712 A. Street
Anchorage, AK 99501
Email: Deborah Lambe
Phone: (907) 349- 0613
Who We Are
At the heart of the Older Alaskans Program is the belief that our seniors deserve the opportunity to maintain as independent a lifestyle as possible as they age. By providing congregate and home-delivered meals, light housekeeping and transportation for medical appointments, we strive to help people age in place and to postpone admission to assisted living or extended care.
Our Programs and Services
The Salvation Army Older Alaskans Program provides home-delivered meals, group meal sites, assisted transportation and homemaker services to frail seniors.
Meals On Wheels
For some Anchorage seniors, home-delivered meals are a lifeline to the outside world. Our daily delivery of hot meals, with frozen meals for the weekends and holidays, helps to give seniors the opportunity to continue living independently. Each meal contains one-third of the required daily allowances for nutrition.
Program eligibility guidelines:
- 60 or older
- Physically limited in his or her ability to independently carry out normal activities of daily living.
Financial resources are not a consideration for eligibility. As always, your donations to the program are much appreciated!
The public meal sites provide eligible seniors a hot nutritious lunch and an opportunity for social interaction.To be eligible for services, a person must be at least age 60 and complete a client profile at the meal site. Income is not a factor in determining eligibility. There is no charge for meals, but donations are always welcome.
Public meal sites are located at:
- 1712 A Street Anchorage, AK 99501 (Salvation Army Family Enrichment Center)
Clients who require one-to-one assistance to attend medical appointments or shop depend on The Salvation Army's assisted transportation services. Priority is given to medical transportation needs.
Light housekeeping and cleaning services are available for eligible seniors unable to complete basic housecleaning chores.
Weekly ScheduleThis page is currently being updated.
Ways to Support our Location
- The Salvation Army Older Alaskans Program is looking for volunteers to assist in our Anchorage meal programs.
- Volunteers are needed to help serve meals at one of our community meal sites
- (Monday-Friday, from 11:00am - 1:00 pm)
- or to help drivers deliver meals to clients in their homes
- (Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-4:00 pm).
- Donate through the DONATE NOW and START A FUNDRAISER buttons on the homepage.
- Contact Deborah Lambe at (907) 349-0613 for more information,
- Check out The Salvation Army Alaska Division's Volunteer Page and fill out a Volunteer Packet today!
Something amiss? Suggest changes to this page by clicking here.